- Outfits are to be tailored in such a manner so as not to expose the body while in normal activity.
- Shorts, Dresses or skirts should be 3 inches above the knee or longer. If leggings are worn, then the top MUST be the proper length of 3 inches above the knee or longer.
- Pants and shorts should be worn at the waistline without the necessity of support whether a shirt is tucked in or out and fastened at the top closure. Belts will be buckled at all times if worn.
- Jeans/pants that have frays/holes above the knee must have something underneath them, such as leggings that cover skin, so as not to expose skin or undergarments.
- Shirts must cover the shoulder, and not expose undergarments in any manner or the midriff.
- The neckline of a shirt must limit exposure of the body.
- Footwear, other than bedroom slippers must be worn at all times.
- Apparel with off-color remarks, pictures, or emblazoned with drug, alcohol or tobacco related slogans.
- Apparel displaying violent imagery.
- Apparel that is deemed to be tight fitting, such as yoga pants, spandex skirts/dresses, leggings without proper length top, cheer shorts, etc. Yoga Pants are not acceptable attire for school.
- Sleepwear, such as bedroom slipper, pajamas, etc.
- Tank tops, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, mesh/see-through shirts.
- Muscle shirts.
- Hats, hoods, bandannas, and caps are not to be worn in class or the buildings unless approved by the administration or for special events.
- Any apparel or accessory determined by administration to present a safety hazard for the student or the school.
1st Offense: Parent /guardian will be notified and the student will be given the following options:
- Change the clothing item that violated the school policy by:
-Using clothing items that belong to the student (ex.: gym clothes, other personal garments, etc.)
-Ask parent/guardian to bring approved garment(s)
-Be issued a school approved garment (ex.: school shirt, gym clothes, plain shirt and/or pants, shorts or athletic gear.
- If the student refuses to take any of the options, they are placed in ISS for the remainder of the day and issued a referral for “failure to follow school rules.”
2nd Offense: Parent/guardian will be notified and a discipline referral will be issued. In addition, the student will be required to change the clothing using the options listed above. The student may also be assigned a school determined discipline (ex.: work detail, after school detention, conferencing with student, ISS for the remainder of the day).
3rd Offense: Parent/Guardian will be notified and a discipline referral will be issued. In addition, the student will be required to change the clothing using the options listed above. The student will be assigned ISS for 1 day or given another consequence deemed appropriate by the administration.
4th and Future Offenses: Parent/guardian will be notified and a discipline referral will be issued. In addition, the student will be required to change the clothing using the options listed above. The student will be assigned ISS for 2 days or given another consequence deemed appropriate by administration, including OSS. A parent conference is required.